Images of scenic landscapes and nature are commonly brought into the Topaz Simplify plug-in to render beautiful, painterly results. The technology behind the plug-in uses scale space algorithms that close off holes to help eliminate details. As a result, artifacts such as webbing might be created; this is most often seen in the branches of trees. To remove the webbing is quite simple. To start, you will need a program such as Photoshop Elements or Photoshop that supports layers and a few other necessary functions.
Read on to learn how to eliminate webbing artifacts caused by the Topaz Simplify plug-in.
Today I finally finished my business cards! I’ll be showing six photography canvas prints this Saturday in the Pancakes and Booze Art show. All prints this time were taken with my cellular phone in the Austin area. I would be thrilled to sell something (they’ll be priced at around $80 a piece), but if not I won’t be totally upset. It’s always about the experience. Besides, if nothing sells I’ll either have:
1) new art for display at home
2) future show material
3) pieces to submit to coffee shops, restaurants, etc. for permanent display and sale
4) holiday gifts
Yesterday evening’s sunset was magnificent! Right before my eyes the sky’s colors advanced so that every time I glanced up the clouds were doused with additional saturation, adding to a stronger contrast of cool and warm tones.
Topaz DeNoise was applied for noise removal, smoothing out the sky. I masked out the fence which was separately sharpened with Topaz Lens Effects (lens sharpening) and Detail (creative + output sharpening).
You can see the before and after by scrolling along. :)
San Juan Island, Washington
1. Topaz Clarity -> Landscape Collection -> Landscape Pop II -> HSL adjustments in saturation (blue and green), boost in mid-tones
2. Back in Ps duplicate layer
3. Topaz ReStyle-> Landscape Collection -> Moss Covered Rocks preset -> Opacity reduced to 30%
4. Back in Ps, layer opacity of final image reduced to 75%
Topaz B&W Effects 2.1
1. Traditional Collection-> Lo Key II
2. Transparency reduced to 75%
Chihuly Garden and Glass, Seattle, WA
1. Topaz ReStyle -> Nature Collection -> Mantis Showoff preset -> opacity reduced to 75%
2. Topaz Clarity -> General Collection -> Micro Color Boost II
3. Topaz Detail -> minor increased adjustments in small details, small details boost, and medium details sliders